VISA EGIFT CARD DRAWING
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
- ELIGIBILITY:The Visa® eGift Card Drawing (the “Drawing”) is open only to legal residents of the United States or Canada who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Ademco Inc., a subsidiary of Resideo Technologies, Inc. 901 E 6th Street, Austin, Texas, USA or other companies associated with the promotion of the Drawing, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Drawing is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
- SPONSOR:The Drawing is sponsored by Ademco Inc., a subsidiary of Resideo Technologies, Inc. (the “Sponsor”).
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES:Participation in the Drawing constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- ENTRY PERIOD:The Drawing begins on November 24, 2020 and ends on December 3, 2020 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted prior to or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- ENTRY:To be eligible for the Drawing, please complete the survey using the specified link. Upon completion, respondents will be directed to enter contact information necessary to enter the Drawing. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person and e-mail address. Subsequent entries will be void. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar methods will also be void.
- DRAWING:On or about December 3, 2020, the Sponsor will select the names of the potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners within seven (7) days of the drawing.
- REQUIREMENTS OF POTENTIAL WINNERS:Except where prohibited, the potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the Affidavit/Release on the potential winner’s behalf.
FOR RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY: In addition to the requirements set forth above, if a potential winner is a resident of Canada, he/she will be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill testing question without any assistance in order to receive a prize.
- PRIZES:There are in total five (5) $100 USD Visa® eGift card, each valued at $100 USD / $131 CAD. Each participant is eligible to win one (1) $100 Visa® eGift card. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for taxes and all other costs and expenses not listed above.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Drawing is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Drawing to address the impairment and then resume the Drawing in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Drawing or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Drawing may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:By participating in the Drawing, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its related companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Drawing or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Drawing; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Drawing or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Drawing or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Drawing, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Drawing or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Drawing, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.
FOR RESIDENTS OF QUÉBEC ONLY: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.